This is where the whole idea began. We wrote a Google Document to sketch the idea and see the big picture forming.
The First Commit
Every journey starts with a first step.
A simple README file added to start the repository.
A month full of tasks
September 2018 was a busy month for us. We setup our CI/CD pipeline and also:
- Archtecture defined
- Menu defined
- Basic Register and Login working
- Profile page prototyped
- Tag Cloud
October was a month to work on the security system. Several improvements were made on the Register and Login workflows.
A really busy month!
November was awesome for INDIEVISIBLE. We manage to implement several core systems that are used across the whole platform.
- Forgot password, password reset, email verification
- Front page improvements
- Facebook, Google and Microsoft Authentication
- Game page prototyped
- Image Upload
- Use user image when registering with Facebook
- AJAX front page
- Latest games component
- Counters component
- Favicons and Manifest
- Basic localization system implemented with Portuguese (by Daniel Gomes) and Russian by Denis Mokhin)
- Dynamic taglist on the front page
- Basic staff roles defined
- Translation project integration
- OpenGraph implementated
- Like/Unlike system
- Comment system
- Progressive Web App implemented
To close the year.
In December we implemented a few things needed for the launch day.
- Language selection
- Game activity feed
- Content view and edit
- Image cropping
- GDPR cookies warning
- Facebook sharing
- Structured data from schema.org
Happy new year! Let's work!
We started the year by optimizing the whole platform.
- Page speed improvements
- Search Engine Optimization (title, description, sitemap, etc
- Added Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian languages added by Kamal Tufekčić
- German language started by Thorben
- Featured article system implemented (staff only)
- Username validation
- Cache management
IndieVisible is for everyone!
- Image size descriptions
- Accessibility improvements
- Images on CDN
At this point, we hope to have a consistent beta tester base so we can polish the platform and fix every possible bug tha shows up.
This is the scheduled launch day. On this day, all the core features must be implented.